You need 5-10 grams of fluoride to kill the average adult. Considering that the most you’d normally find in water supplies in which fluoride is added is about 1.2 mg/L, you’d die from drinking too much water before you’d die from fluoride poisoning.
The real danger? Dihydrogen monoxide.
It’s also in our taps, and just in the US, the stuff kills 3000-4000 people and hospitalizes 5000 children annually. But it’s not just in taps; it’s everywhere. It’s found as vapor in the air we breathe and it seeps into the ground beneath our feet. It’s completely unavoidable and the government won’t do anything about it.
Yeah. Terrible, huh? Dihydrogen monoxide is the incredibly dangerous substance commonly known as “water”.